Ostinato › Default Data › Bosses › Thousand-Year Door ›
- Name: Ghost of Pirate King Cortez
- Affinity: Poison
- XP: Always 19
- Sword: A
- Other: E
- Armor: None
- Money: Treasure Hoards (1)
- HP: 20 (Swords: 4)
- VP: 40
- MP: 0
- Attack Power: 4 (Sword: 2, Sabre: 3, Hook: 2, Rapier: 2 [/])
- Magic Power: 1
- Defense Power: 1 (Gem: 0, Swords: 0)
- Brain Power: 2 (Gem: 0, Swords: 0)
- Strength: 5
- Hand-Eye: 7
- Platform: 9
- Knowledge: 7
- Clever: 5
- Charisma: 7
- Unique: Able to revive himself after passing through lethal hazards.
- Weight: 5
- First Form: Stabs the target with two swords at once.
- Second Form: Headbutts the target.
- Third Form: Flies over, spins, and bites the target.
- Sword: Performs a spinning forward slash, pauses, then performs a sideways slash for a second hit on the same target.
- Sabre: Flies up and slashes at the target.
- Hook: Flies up to the target and performs a downward poke that has a 50% chance of causing Poisoning for 10 turns.
- Rapier: Vibrates, picks up speed, and flies through the entire opposing party in sequence. [/]
- 1) Cortez Sword (E)
- 2) Cortez Sabre (E)
- 3) Cortez Hook (E)
- 4) Cortez Rapier (E)
- Armery~ Attack: x0.5, Hits: 4, VP: 2, Target: One, Only usable in first form
"Stabs the target with each of his four swords in turn."
- Charge~ Charge: 4, VP: 2, Only usable in second form
"Builds up extra power for his next attack."
- Bone Storm~ Attack: x1, VP: 2, Target: All, Only usable in second form
"Shakes loose a storm of bones from his pile, flinging them at all opponents. Avoids contact damage."
- Iron Chef Soul Stealer~ Heal: # of Souls HP, VP: 40, Target: Self, Only usable in third form and when audience is present
"Steals the souls of half of the audience members watching the battle, healing as many HP."
- Earth --
- Ice --
- Water --
- Wind --
- Fire --
- Thunder --
- Poison --
- Plant --
A large floating skull who lives on his pirate ship, the Black Skull, and spends his afterlife guarding the treasure hoard that he accumulated when he was alive. As a spirit, he can't be truly defeated because he's already dead, so he'll cycle through several forms in battle. Though fearsome, he eventually mellowed out enough to allow Bobbery and others to use his ship for transportation. He speaks with a Spanish accent.
- ~Cortez's first form is a monstrous skeleton with four arms, each wielding a different sword; his swords count toward the Weapon Triangle, but his attacks in this form work off of his own Attack Power, not that of the swords. In this form, attacks against Cortez can be directed at either his body, which hangs at a height of 5 (requiring as much Platform to reach with melee attacks), or the bone pile from which it protrudes, which is on the ground but counts as Spiky; either way, damage is dealt to the same pool of 20 HP, and multitarget attacks do not hit him twice. When this form runs out of HP, Cortez enters his second form, and his HP and VP are both fully restored.
- ~In Cortez's second form, his arms fall off and his swords are unequipped, and his head and ribcage rise to a height of 7. In this form, when an attack targeting the bone pile deals damage, the head and ribcage sink to a height of 5 (immediately and without using up a turn), and if again, the head sinks to a height of 3 and the ribcage sinks to 2 and opens to reveal a green gem. When the ribcage is open, the gem becomes a third targetable section still directing damage to the same pool of HP, but the gem has no Defense Power (or defensive Brain Power) and in fact takes +1 damage from all attacks. If the ribcage is open and a turn passes without the bone pile taking damage, the ribcage closes; if the ribcage is closed and the same happens, then the head and ribcage rise back to a height of 7 (regardless of current height). Multiple-hit attacks on the bone pile only cause one level of sinkage. When this form runs out of HP, Cortez enters his third form, and his HP and VP are both fully restored.
- ~Cortez's third form is just his head, flying at a height of 9 and accompanied by his four swords, each also flying at a height of 9. In this form, each sword is a separate target that has its own HP and gets its own action every turn, although if a sword's HP empties it will automatically revive to full HP after 2 turns. Here, Cortez himself does not count as having a Sword-type weapon equipped, but the swords do. When this form runs out of HP, the swords automatically follow suit, XP is awarded, and the battle ends, although Cortez technically remains as undead as ever.
- ~Despite filling his weapon inventory, Cortez's swords are technically separately targetable body parts (only actually targetable in his third form) and cannot be stolen in any of his forms, even if he's currently dead(...er).