- Name: Shedinja
- Affinity: Plant
- XP: 11
- Items: Lum Berry, Dried Shroom, Jerky, Trial Stew, False Swipe Badge
- Armor: None
- HP: 1
- VP: 50
- MP: 5
- Attack Power: 3
- Magic Power: 1
- Defense Power: 0
- Brain Power: 0
- Strength: 4
- Hand-Eye: 4
- Platform: 9
- Knowledge: 9
- Clever: 2
- Charisma: 4
- Unique: Its immunity to many kinds of damage allows it to easily bypass field hazards of those types.
- Weight: 1
- Basic Attack: Scratches the target.
- Harden~ Benefit: Defense +2, VP: 5, Turns: 5, Target: Self
"Crystallizes its molecular makeup, stiffening its skin to help resist damage."
- Leech Life~ Attack: x1, VP: 1, Target: One, Drains half HP
"Sucks the target's blood, restoring some of its own vitality."
- Absorb~ Attack: x1, VP: 1, Target: One, Element: Plant, Drains half HP
"A Grass-type technique that absorbs some of the target's energy."
- Sand-Attack~ Ailment: Dizzy, VP: 2, Turns: 5, Target: One, Accuracy: 100%
"Throws sand in the target's face, which has a similar effect to dizziness, decreasing their accuracy."
- Fury Swipes~ Attack: x1, Hits: 2-5, VP: 2, Target: One, Accuracy: 75%
"Swipes furiously at the target. Multiple hits may land, but some may miss."
- Spite~ Attack: x2 to VP, VP: 2, Target: One
"Curses the target to lose some of its fighting energy."
- Shadow Sneak~ Attack: x1 [O] (+2 to ghosts), VP: 2, Target: One
"Quickly extends its shadow to attack the target from behind. Deals extra damage to ghosts."
- Confuse Ray~ Ailment: Confusion, VP: 2, Target: One, Accuracy: 100%
"Fires a ray of spectral energy at the target that scrambles their thoughts."
- Shadow Ball~ Attack: x2 +2 (+2 to ghosts), VP: 3, Target: One
"Forms a ball of shadowy energy and hurls it at the target. Deals extra damage to ghosts."
- Grudge~ VP: 5, Turns: 1, Target: One, If user is killed by target, the killing blow's fuel (VP, MP, or ammo) empties to 0
"Concentrates for one turn. If it's killed, the offending attack loses all of its fuel—VP, MP, or even ammunition."
- Phantom Force~ Attack: x2 +2 [X] [O] (+2 to ghosts), VP: 7, Target: One, 1st Turn: Vanish, 2nd Turn: Attack
"Vanishes for one turn, unable to be attacked, then reappears and attacks next turn, guaranteed to hit."
- Mind Reader~ User's Next Attack: [O], VP: 1, Target: One
"Reads the target's mind to ensure that the user's next attack will strike without fail."
- Heal Block~ VP: 5, Turns: 5, Target: One, Target's HP can't be healed (attacks, items, Status/Weather Conditions, etc.)
"Jinxes the target to prevent healing of HP for five turns. VP and MP can still be restored."
- Earth +5
- Ice --
- Water --
- Wind +5
- Fire +5
- Thunder --
- Poison -2
- Plant -2
A unique Pokémon inspired by the shed skin of a cicada. It only has 1 HP, but it won't take any damage from attacks unless it is specifically weak to the attack's elemental type. This means that it will seem completely invincible until you find the right attack, and then it will invariably go down in one hit. A Shedinja will appear in the player's party when a Nincada evolves into a Ninjask, being the leftover shed skin, and it is appropriately Bug/Ghost type. Interesting strategies with Shedinja include passing Wonder Guard to another Pokémon with Skill Swap, changing Shedinja into Water-type with Soak, or using Transform to become a Shedinja with more than 1 HP.
- ~Shedinja's special Ability, called Wonder Guard, makes it completely immune to any attacks that aren't "super effective" against it (here represented by its +5 Elemental Modifiers). However, while it won't take any damage from attacks, and it won't receive any Status Problems or other effects from such damaging attacks, it can receive Status Problems from attacks that purely induce them without dealing direct damage, and Shedinja will take damage from Status Problems or from other things like Weather Conditions even if it isn't Elementally weak to those conditions. Also, in the games, it is additionally weak to the Dark and Ghost types, so the Maestro may make sufficiently dark or ghostly attacks work on it as well (for example, maybe the default dark magic); if so, these will also deal +5.