These rare items grant temporary increases to field stats instead of battle attack/defense stats, or else grant temporary Unique field abilities (these do not cancel out a character's existing Unique ability). Because field stats are occasionally relevant to battle, most of these boosts are listed with a turn count, which will determine their duration in battle, but in the field the time that they last will be less specific, and for convenience, if a character uses one of these before attempting to solve a field puzzle, the effect will generally not wear off until the puzzle is solved. The Mini Mushroom listed here is the exact same item as the Mini Mushroom listed in the Beneficial Items section, and it has both its battle and field effects when used.
- Power Glove ~ Benefit: Strength +2, Turns: 3, Target: One
"Named after the NES accessory, this glove boosts the wearer's brute force while its battery lasts."
- Spring Pad ~ Increases the height of one jump by 2
"A portable recoil object that can be used to launch somebody into the air. It breaks after one use."
- Jumping Beans ~ Benefit: Platform +2, Turns: 3, Target: All
"Mexican beans that temporarily increase platforming ability. The whole party will partake."
- Caviar ~ Benefit: Charisma +2, Turns: 3, Target: One to All
"Disgusting gourmet fish eggs sure to raise rich snobs' opinions of the consumer."
- Jalapeño ~ Turns: 3, Target: One, Unique: Able to breathe fire
"A super-spicy pepper that allows the consumer to breathe fire for a short period of time."
- Snow Flower ~ Turns: 3, Target: One, Unique: Able to freeze water on contact
"A flower that grows in snowy areas and allows the user to walk on water and wall-jump up waterfalls."
- Speed Shoes ~ Turns: 3, Target: One, Unique: Able to run at supersonic speeds
"A power-up from the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise that increases the wearer's running speed temporarily."
- Rocket Flower ~ Target: One, Unique: Able to run at high speed even up steep walls (but unable to stop until it wears off)
"A flower that attaches to the user's head and spews flame backward to propel them forward. One use, no brakes."
- WD-42 ~ Turns: 3, Target: One to All, Unique: Able to slip through small cracks
"A can of magically-enhanced WD-40 that makes you slippery enough to squeeze through tiny cracks in the field."
- Mr. Hollywood Injection ~ Damage: 1, Benefit: Charisma +3, Turns: 3, Target: One
"A botox injection used by Stickchicks to temporarily increase their seduction prowess."
- Mini Mushroom ~ Benefit: Dodgy, Turns: 5, Target: One, Ailment: Attack -2, Turns: 5 (Field: Enter Small Spaces, Weight = 1)
[Mushroom + Vanishing Cream, Dried Shroom + Vanishing Cream]
"A tiny blue mushroom that shrinks you, allowing you to dodge attacks and enter tiny areas but reducing power and weight."
- Weird Mushroom ~ Turns: 3, Target: One, Swaps Hand-Eye with Platform and Clever with Charisma
"A skinny mushroom from Super Mario Maker that switches around bodily proportions and field stats."
- P-Wing ~ Benefit: Raccoon State, Target: One, Allows user to carry all teammates regardless of Strength over one puzzle
"A variation on the Super Leaf; along with Raccoon flight, it lets you carry your teammates to skip over one field puzzle."
- P-Switch ~ Transforms Brick Blocks into Coins and vice versa and makes P-Doors appear, all for a limited time
"A carryable switch that, when pressed, briefly turns Brick Blocks into Coins and vice versa, and makes P-Doors usable."
- Escape Rope ~ Target: All, Returns to the entrance of one dungeon
"Climb the rope into a wormhole to escape from inescapable or otherwise undesirable areas. You'll return to the entrance."
- Repel ~ Target: All, Repels wild Pokémon for a little while
"A can of spray-on Pokémon repellent to temporarily ward off wild encounters."
- Super Repel ~ Target: All, Repels wild Pokémon for a while
"A spray that repels wild Pokémon. It lasts a little longer than the regular Repel."
- Max Repel ~ Target: All, Repels wild Pokémon for a long time
"The longest-lasting Pokémon-repelling spray. A must for bat-infested caves."
- Babel fish ~ Unique: Automatic psychic omnilingual translation (Equippable item that doesn't take up an inventory slot when equipped, but is temporarily disabled by Psych Out)
"A small, yellow, leechlike fish that, when stuck in one's ear, allows them to understand any language."
- Hover Nozzle ~ F.L.U.D.D. attachment; user can make any horizontal jump, but vertical Platform is unaffected
"An alternate nozzle for a F.L.U.D.D. that sprays two water jets downward to let you hover across gaps."
- Rocket Nozzle ~ F.L.U.D.D. attachment; user can make any vertical jump, but horizontal Platform is unaffected
"An alternate nozzle for a F.L.U.D.D. that charges up and blasts water downward, rocketing you upward."
- Turbo Nozzle ~ F.L.U.D.D. attachment; user can run at high speed even up steep walls until water runs out
"An alternate nozzle for a F.L.U.D.D. that sprays water backward to propel you at high speed."