These items grant the user an effect so long as they are in the inventory, and cannot be "used" as other items are, so they never disappear. The effects of these items are only active for the holder, and holding more than one of the same item does not double the effect (or anything higher). The Mega Ring and Mega Stones work just like they do in Pokémon: the Trainer must have the Mega Ring in their inventory, and the Pokémon must have the Mega Stone corresponding to its species (e.g., a Gengar must have a Gengarite), and even then only one Mega Evolution can be performed per battle. A Mega Evolved Pokémon loses this state if it is killed and revived in the same battle or if one of the necessary items is stolen, but the effects of Mega Evolution in Arpeggio may vary widely, and a player playing as a Trainerless Pokémon can simply hold the appropriate Mega Stone to perform a Mega Evolution by itself. Z-Moves are basically Mega Evolution for attacks, requiring a Z-Ring on the Trainer and a Z-Crystal of a certain Element on the Pokémon, and again only one Z-Move can be used per battle—but unlike in Pokémon, where only one item can be held, Mega Evolution and a Z-Move are possible on the same Pokémon at the same time in Arpeggio. The Berries, also from the Pokémon games, are more like normal healing items and do disappear when used, but (much like Life Shrooms) are used automatically under certain circumstances when held in the inventory, so are listed here.
- Hard Stone ~ Effect: Earth attacks +2
"An extremely dense rock with mystical properties. It increases the power of Earth-type attacks."
- Nevermeltice ~ Effect: Ice attacks +2
"An enchanted ice cube that will never melt. It increases the power of Ice-type attacks."
- Spirit Water ~ Effect: Water attacks +2
"A vial of water from the Spirit Oasis at the north pole. It powers up Water-type attacks."
- Propeller Hat ~ Effect: Wind attacks +2
"A brightly-colored hat with a decorative propeller. It boosts the power of Wind-type attacks."
- Charcoal ~ Effect: Fire attacks +2
"Dense charcoal sure to last a lifetime. It enhances the power of Fire Element attacks."
- Magnet ~ Effect: Thunder attacks +2
"An electric magnet designed to make Thunder-type attacks deal more damage than usual."
- Poison Barb ~ Effect: Poison attacks +2
"A cursed arrowhead that increases the power of Poison Element attacks used by the holder."
- Miracle Seed ~ Effect: Plant attacks +2
"A miraculous seed that boosts the strength of attacks of the Plant Element when held."
- Thinking Cap ~ Effect: Psychic attacks +2
"A hat designed to provoke thought. It increases the power of psychic attacks."
- Magic Bullet ~ Effect: Magic attacks +2
"A bullet with a noted magical history. It boosts the power of magical attacks."
- Leftovers ~ Effect: Heals 1 HP per turn
"Leftover foodstuffs that mysteriously never run out. The holder eats a little at the beginning of each turn."
- Leftover Syrup ~ Effect: Heals 1 VP per turn
[Leftovers + Honey Syrup, Leftovers + Maple Syrup, Leftovers + Jammin' Jelly]
"Leftover syrup that somehow never runs out. The holder sips a little each turn, maintaining vigor."
- Leftover Potion ~ Effect: Heals 1 MP per turn
[Leftovers + Potion, Leftovers + Super Potion, Leftovers + Hyper Potion, Leftovers + Max Potion]
"Leftover potion that somehow never runs out. The holder sips a little each turn, maintaining magical aura."
- Candied Yam ~ Effect: Heals 1 HP or 1 VP per turn (50/50 chance)
"A sugar-coated tuber that has variable slow-recovery effects. It's the signature item of Yammy, Lewot's Yanma."
- Shell Bell ~ Effect: Heals 1 HP per holder's damaging attack
"A bell carved from a seashell whose chime restores 1 HP to the holder whenever they inflict damage."
- Excel Bell ~ Effect: Heals 1 VP per holder's damaging attack
[Shell Bell + Honey Syrup, Shell Bell + Maple Syrup, Shell Bell + Jammin' Jelly]
"A bell whose invigorating chime restores 1 VP to its owner whenever they inflict damage with an attack."
- Spell Bell ~ Effect: Heals 1 MP per holder's damaging attack
[Shell Bell + Potion, Shell Bell + Super Potion, Shell Bell + Hyper Potion, Shell Bell + Max Potion]
"A magical bell whose chime restores 1 MP to whoever holds it whenever they attack and cause damage."
- Oran Berry ~ Heal: 5HP, Target: One, Automatically eaten in Danger Zone
"A berry that, when held, will automatically be eaten if the holder falls into the Danger Zone, without using up a turn."
- Sitrus Berry ~ Heal: 10HP, Target: One, Automatically eaten in Danger Zone
"A largish berry eaten automatically when in danger, regardless of turn order. Most Pokémon love these."
- Berry Juice ~ Heal: 50HP, Target: One, Alcohol: 0.01, Automatically eaten in Danger Zone
"Fermented berry juice created inside a Shuckle's shell. It works like a Berry but restores a lot more HP."
- Lum Berry ~ Target: One, Heals all Status Problems (automatic for holder)
"A berry that, when held, will automatically be eaten if the holder gets a Status Problem, without using up a turn."
- Ring ~ Effect: Completely nullifies one attack on the holder, destroying itself in the process
"A golden ring that allows the holder to take one extra hit of damage. Used frequently by Sonic The Hedgehog."
- Focus Sash ~ Effect: If full HP and killed, will remain alive with 1 HP
"A sash that protects from kills at full HP, leaving the character alive with 1 HP remaining."
- Focus Band ~ Effect: If over 1 HP and killed, may remain alive with 1 HP (50% chance)
"A headband that may prevent fatal injury, leaving the character with 1 HP. It doesn't always work."
- Demi Band ~ Effect: Keeps laguz gauge full but halves transformed stats to normal
"A wristband that allows a laguz to transform at any time, but nullifies the transformation stat bonuses."
- Laguz Band ~ Effect: Keeps laguz gauge full
"A wristband used by laguz royalty that allows them to transform at any time."
- Arms Barrier ~ Effect: Halves XP loss of Cave
"A handy held upgrade for the Cave Story weapons. It cuts the amount of XP that they lose when you take damage by half."
- Whimsical Star ~ Effect: When the holder charges the
Spur for three consecutive turns, three small
stars appear and orbit the holder (no more than three can exist around one person at the same
time). One star disappears every time the user is damaged by an attack, and will not reappear
until the Spur is fully charged again. While one or more stars exist, at the beginning of the
holder's Phase of every turn, each star has a 50% chance of colliding with a random opponent for
1 damage (all defenses apply), and when the holder is targeted by attacks, there is a 50% chance
that each attack will hit a star instead and have no effect on the holder (this is one straight
50% chance per attack regardless of the number of stars that remain). If an unarmed melee attack
is blocked by a star, the attacker takes 1 damage, but again all defenses apply. Fieldwide
multitarget attacks or psychic attacks of any kind cannot be blocked by stars, but stars do not
disappear after blocking attacks, and remain even if the Spur is unequipped. All stars around the
holder will disappear if the Whimsical Star is stolen or discarded.
"A held upgrade for the Spur. Charging it makes stars appear around the holder that might damage enemies or block attacks."
- Mega Ring ~ Effect: Allows holder's Pokémon to Mega Evolve (Pokémon must have corresponding Mega Stone)
"A bracelet that allows a Pokémon Trainer to trigger a Mega Evolution in a Pokémon that is holding a Mega Stone."
- Mega Stone ~ Effect: Allows holder to Mega Evolve (stone must match Pokémon species; Trainer must have a Mega Ring)
"A stone that lets a Pokémon Mega Evolve. Different Mega Stones are specific to certain species of Pokémon."
- Z-Ring ~ Effect: Allows holder's Pokémon to use Z-Moves (Pokémon must have corresponding Z-Crystal)
"A bracelet that allows a Pokémon Trainer to trigger a Z-Move in a Pokémon that is holding a Z-Crystal."
- Normalium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to a non-Elemental physical attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade otherwise unremarkable attacks into Breakneck Blitz once per battle."
- Psychium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to a non-Elemental psychic attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade non-Elemental psychic attacks into Shattered Psyche once per battle."
- Magium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to a non-Elemental magical attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade non-Elemental magic attacks into Sorcery Supernova once per battle."
- Rockium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to an Earth-type attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade Earth-type attacks into Continental Crush once per battle."
- Icium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to an Ice-type attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade Ice-type attacks into Subzero Slammer once per battle."
- Waterium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to a Water-type attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade Water-type attacks into Hydro Vortex once per battle."
- Flyinium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to a Wind-type attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade Wind-type attacks into Supersonic Skystrike once per battle."
- Firium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to a Fire-type attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade Fire-type attacks into Inferno Overdrive once per battle."
- Electrium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to a Thunder-type attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade Thunder-type attacks into Gigavolt Havoc once per battle."
- Poisonium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to a Poison-type attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade Poison-type attacks into Acid Downpour once per battle."
- Grassium Z ~ Effect: Holder can get +10 to a Plant-type attack once per battle
"A Z-Crystal that allows the holder to upgrade Plant-type attacks into Bloom Doom once per battle."
- Grate Ring ~ Effect: Allows holder's Pokémon to Mega Evolve and/or use Z-Moves (Pokémon must have corresponding items)
"A bracelet of grating that functions as both a Mega Ring and a Z-Ring as well as powering the minds of Grate Oracles."
- Digi-Egg ~ Effect: Allows holder to Armor Digivolve (egg must match Digimon species)
"An egg that lets a Digimon Armor Digivolve. Different Digi-Eggs are specific to certain species of Digimon."
- Life Orb ~ Effect: User takes 1 damage when using a damaging attack, but the attack deals +1 (before applying defenses)
"A small pink orb that drains a little vim from the user when attacking in order to power up attacks."
- Sticky Barb ~ Effect: 1 damage per turn; 50% chance of transfer to other character when melee attacks are used
"A small, sticky, spiky ball. It's painful to hold, but it may latch onto enemies with direct contact."
- Black Sludge ~ Effect: 1 Poison damage per turn (2 or 3 for weaknesses), but heal 1HP per turn if immune to Poison
"Toxic tar so foul that it is harmful to one's health just to be near it. It heals poisonous creatures."
- Iron Ball ~ Effect: Negates the effects of flight while held
"A heavy iron ball that keeps the holder rooted to the ground even if they should be flying."
- Lagging Tail ~ Effect: Holder acts perpetually Slow (Fast under Trick Room)
"A heavy sculpture of an Onix tail. It slows the holder down, but speeds them up in a Trick Room."
- Everstone ~ Effect: Prevents Pokémon from evolving while held
"An odd stone that, when held by a Pokémon, prevents it from evolving, regardless of the evolution method."
- Fawful Mask ~ Effect: Holder's Brain Power counts as x(-1) (can be "(un)equipped", but always takes up inventory slot)
"A mask of Fawful's face that he uses to control minions. It makes the wearer insane, or sane if they already were insane."
- Quick Claw ~ Effect: 25% chance to grant holder an additional action each turn (separate from Fast/Slow Status Conditions); determined after holder uses all other available actions that turn
"A severed claw of an unknown species that erratically grants speed boosts to whoever holds it."
- Rocky Helmet ~ Effect: Holder deals contact damage as if Made of Earth
"A helmet covered in sharp rocks that hurt melee attackers for Earth-type damage."
- Fertilizer ~ Effect: Increases Fire, Ice, and Raccoon max HP from 5 to 10
"A mysterious purple stone that increases the stamina boost granted by Mario power-up flowers."
- Cross-Pollinator ~ Effect: Allows simultaneity of Raccoon State and either Fire or Ice State (single set of extra HP)
"A strange orange stone that allows mutual use of a Super Leaf with either a Fire or Ice Flower."
- Gem Shard ~ Effect: Holder can fuse with other characters
"A piece of a shattered Gem. While holding it, characters can fuse with each other."
- Sky Balloons ~ Effect: Holder counts as always flying; cannot be unequipped, but can be attacked separately from holder; any damage destroys them and grounds holder; additional instances automatically used until none remain
"Balloons that let you float through the air. They're used by Shy Guys to become Sky Guys, but are easily popped."
- Dark Balloons ~ Effect: Holder counts as always flying; cannot be unequipped, but can be attacked separately from holder; any damage pops one of the three balloons, grounding the holder once all three are gone; additional instances automatically used until none remain
"The pure black silhouette of a set of Sky Balloons, sometimes used by Dark Shy Guys. These take three hits to pop."
- Witch's Broom ~ Effect: Once used, holder counts as always flying; any damage to holder destroys it and grounds holder
"A flying broom often ridden by Magikoopas and other witches. Its effect is the same as Para-enemies' wings."
- Dark Broom ~ Effect: Holder counts as always flying (can be "(un)equipped", but always takes up inventory slot)
"The pure black silhouette of a Witch's Broom, sometimes ridden by Dark Magikoopas. They can't be knocked off of it."
- Quick Powder ~ Effect: Transforming into another character doesn't use up the holder's turn in battle
"A bag of strange powder sometimes held by wild Ditto. It lets them transform and attack on the same turn."
- Frost Jacket ~ Effect: Holder is healed in Hail by 1 HP per turn instead of being damaged (can be "(un)equipped", but always takes up inventory slot)
"A magical, navy blue longcoat that heals the wearer in Hail. The signature garb of Milo Burgess."
- Grate ~ Does nothing
"A dislodged piece of grating that provides Grate Oracles with a source of psychic power. It is useless to anyone else."
- Character Card ~ Effect: Holder deals +1 damage (per copy held) to the character on the card (works on a species level for generic enemies but requires individual cards for important characters)
"A collectible card featuring a certain person or enemy type that lets you deal extra damage to them."